Will Legacy Systems Become Your Legacy?
Legacy System Modernization
Reliance on legacy applications is the Achilles’ heel of many organizations, and these systems are often the inhibitor to recognizing the value of a digital ROI. As with any project, a fair analysis must be performed on your legacy technology, and requirements established and prioritized as part of your modernization strategy. When evaluating your legacy systems, consider things like:
- Ongoing maintenance costs (hardware updates, software updates, maintenance, etc.)
- Cost of ongoing support (vendor contracts)
- Workflow improvements and/or workflow inhibitors (cost of poor workflow)
- System integration and interoperability
- End user experience (loss of customers or loss of employees)
- Missed opportunities to expand (less flexibility)
These areas will allow you to dig deeper into why replacement may be necessary and will reveal problems your organization may be experiencing with legacy solutions.